bill-swift - April 12, 2012
Word has spread, straight from swtor.com, that Star Wars' big fancy MMO is about to get a little more...big and fancy with it's 1.2 update titled, 'Legacy'.
The update revolves around...surprise, surprise...the Legacy system of the game.
With Game Update 1.2, the Legacy system has been greatly expanded on. Players can now tie their different characters together inside of a Legacy family tree, and those characters will be able to unlock unique abilities for themselves, and for other characters in their Legacy. Over time, as players increase their Legacy level they'll be able to unlock new "convenience items" for their ship, which include an on-board mailbox and Global Trade Network terminal, among other items.
With Legacy, players can also unlock new species for any character class in their Legacy. -swtor.com
The update also includes a new Operation and Flashpoint.
Operation: Explosive Conflict:
In 'Explosive Conflict', a brutal battle between Imperial invaders and Republic-backed mercenaries has come to an abrupt end, with both forces swearing allegiance to a powerful warlord. Neither the Republic nor the Empire will allow such a betrayal to stand, and that's why you and your allies must travel to the planet of Denova. There, you and your groupmates will have to work together to battle some of the greatest threats in the galaxy, but you will earn powerful weapons and armor as you progress.
Flashpoint: The Lost Island:
'The Lost Island' is an exciting new Flashpoint that picks up immediately after the events of 'Kaon Under Siege'. Having learned the identity of who was responsible for the outbreak of the Rakghoul virus that devastated the Tion Hegemony, you and up to three of your Republic or Imperial allies will be sent to a small island on Ord Mantell. Once there, you will battle your way through endless hordes of twisted creatures before confronting the man responsible for the destruction of so many worlds…
Other little additions coming in the update include:
• Novare Coast, a new objective-oriented Warzone on the planet Denova, has been added to the game. This Warzone, like Huttball, supports same-faction matches if there are not enough members of the opposing faction to be found.
• New repeatable high-level daily missions are available in a new area on Corellia, the Black Hole!
• Guilds now have access to a shared Guild Bank, accessible on the Fleets, with expandable storage.
• A new tier of gear has been added for both PvP and PvE.
• Ranked Warzones are here! Players can now queue up and participate in PvP matchups to rank themselves against the competition.
• Players can now customize their User Interface by moving and resizing UI elements!
• A new level 50 World Boss with a challenge for a well-coordinated 16-player Operation Group has been sighted in the Gormak Lands region on Voss.
• Players can now leave comments on entries in their Friends List in the Social Window.
• The Imperial Transportation Authority and the Galactic Republic Safety Council have authorized the use of vehicles in Orbital Space Stations and Spaceports.
• In-game rewards will be available to players who participate on the Public Test Server.
• Players will receive a title if they attain level 10 on PTS, and another if they complete Chapter 1.
• A new preference, "Character Texture Atlasing," is now available. Enabling this option increases the texture quality used when rendering character models.
• A new "Customize" option now appears on the character sheet. One of the features this button enables is the ability to color coordinate any individual piece of armor with the equipped chestpiece.
• A new preference, "Awareness Radius," allows players to adjust the number of characters displayed on-screen. Reducing this setting can improve performance in crowded areas on low-end machines.
• On planets with an Orbital Station, players can now travel directly from the planet shuttle on the surface to their ship.
• The Sprint ability is now available at level 1.
General Bug Fixes:
• Cinematics throughout the game have been polished. A large number of cinematics have been improved to address incorrect camera angles, smooth out animation issues, and to correct Companion Characters that appear in the wrong gear or at the wrong time.
• Cinematics and mission phases have been updated for consistency. For instance, several occurrences of NPCs appearing alive in a phase after a cinematic in which the player chose to kill them have been corrected.
• Corrected many instances of misplaced geometry, visible seams, and incorrect collision with world objects throughout the game.
• Many locations where player characters could become stuck on world geometry or fall through the world have been corrected.
• Some visual effects and animations have been adjusted and fixed in instances where they played incorrectly.
• Dark side appearance, if enabled, now appears correctly at character selection.
The updates will have servers down for a solid 8 hours tomorrow so maybe take a risk and venture outside for a day before heading back for some Old Republic goodness.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.