ADVERTISEMENT

SUPEREGO

How Bottles of Vodka Started a Fire and Burnt a Store Down (VIDEO)

Gallery Icon

bill-swift - November 9, 2012

KMSP-TV

If you had to pick your poison, then which would it be? I usually choose vodka. As it turns out, it's probably the most dangerous of the bunch. But then again, all of them will probably result in the same thing under similar conditions.

What am I talking about? The recent fire that caused substantial damage at Red Lion Liquors in Burnsville, Minnesota, that's what. Only this wasn't caused by an arson or faulty wiring. No, the fire was in fact caused by Mr. Sun (the one and only) and a couple of bottles of vodka.

What happened was that bottles of vodka, which were hit by sunlight magnified by the windows, exploded. When the liquor flowed, the fire roared. It's a pretty sad thing overall (all that wasted booze! Sob!) but the good thing is that nobody died. We think. Except for the storeowner's income, that is.

Hit 'play' to check out footage from the slow-starting fire that was captured by the store's surveillance cameras. Trust me, it's unlike any fire you've ever seen before.

Tagged in: gear , videos ,



Comments
Disclaimer: All rights reserved for writing and editorial content. No rights or credit claimed for any images featured on egotastic.com unless stated. If you own rights to any of the images because YOU ARE THE PHOTOGRAPHER and do not wish them to appear here, please contact us info(@)egotastic.com and they will be promptly removed. If you are a representative of the photographer, provide signed documentation in your query that you are acting on that individual's legal copyright holder status.



>