ADVERTISEMENT

TV & FILM

Netflix in Danger of Losing 20% of its Content By the End of 2019

Gallery Icon

brian-mcgee - January 18, 2019

Netflix is going to lose some of its content soon, but don't panic just yet. The good news is that by the end of this year, 2019, Netflix will only be losing roughly one fifth of its current library due to various other companies like Disney, Universal, and WB launching their own streaming services. The bad news is that the 20% of content going away is the stuff that most people watch on Netflix, like The Office, Friends, and the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

As reported by ComicBook.com, the launching of Disney+ not only means the Disney content like Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, etc. will be going away, but also all of that Fox content that Disney will officially acquire in March. Nothing outside of Disney's exodus is planned as of this moment, but these two rather disconcerting sentences show how quickly stuff could disappear if they get their act in gear.

Additionally, AT&T/Time Warner have a streaming service on the way later this year, and Comcast has also discussed similar plans. These massive companies could follow Disney's lead and remove their content from Netflix as well.

This will leave us with a shit ton of Netflix original content, basically, which is not a terribly promising proposition because only about 20% of that remaining 80% is watchable. My ass 80 million people watched Bird Box, by the way. Stop trying to make me feel like I'm the only one that hasn't watched it. I know no one that has actually sat and watched it beginning to end.



Comments
Disclaimer: All rights reserved for writing and editorial content. No rights or credit claimed for any images featured on egotastic.com unless stated. If you own rights to any of the images because YOU ARE THE PHOTOGRAPHER and do not wish them to appear here, please contact us info(@)egotastic.com and they will be promptly removed. If you are a representative of the photographer, provide signed documentation in your query that you are acting on that individual's legal copyright holder status.



>