You would have to assume the creators, producers, director, and actors behind the most-pirated television shows of 2013 have some mixed feelings about this year-end distinction.
On the one hand, if people are illegally downloading your show more than others, it means you've struck some sort of cultural nerve and created something that truly resonated. On the other hand, you also know that people didn't like it so much that they were willing to pay for it, and that there is a ton of money you aren't making.
That being said, at the end of the day, while having your show be popular and making money would be ideal, it's still better to have your show on the most-pirated list and not making money than not on the most-pirated list and not making money. Right?
Right. So without any further ado, here are the most-pirated TV shows of 2013, according to Torrent Freak:
10. Arrow (2.2 million downloads)
9. Vikings (2.3 million downloads)
8. Homeland (2.4 million downloads)
7. Suits (2.6 million downloads)
6. How I Met Your Mother (3.0 million downloads)
5. Dexter (3.1 million downloads)
4. The Big Bang Theory (3.4 million downloads)
3. The Walking Dead (3.6 million downloads)
2. Breaking Bad (4.2 million downloads)
1. Game of Thrones (5.9 million downloads)
Is it really a surprise that the show with all the dragons and nudity takes the top spot? I don't think so.