ADVERTISEMENT

TV & FILM

Stare at Scarlett Johansson’s Big Brain in the New ‘Lucy’ Trailer

Gallery Icon

bill-swift - June 19, 2014

There's a reoccurring plot device in science fiction that humans only use 10% of their brains, and the remaining 90% is just sitting there waiting to be unlocked. The Lawnmower Man, Limitless, Dead at 21, and many other works have used variations on this idea as a foundation. But while it might make for an entertaining story, the 10% brain trope is nothing more than a myth.

(*Be sure to check out Scarlett Johansson in the nude on Mr. Skin.com*)

But that hasn't stopped the producers of Lucy from doubling down on the idea. When Scarlett Johansson's titular character taps her brain's full potential, she gains not only the requisite mental prowess we've seen in other films, but also the ability to bend matter and control other humans. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief as long as Johansson is willing to suspend the use of a bra for a good portion of the film.

Lucy was written and directed by Luc Besson (The Professional, The Fifth Element, and costars Morgan Freeman. It's scheduled to hit theaters July 25. (Source)

Tagged in: movies , videos ,



Comments
Disclaimer: All rights reserved for writing and editorial content. No rights or credit claimed for any images featured on egotastic.com unless stated. If you own rights to any of the images because YOU ARE THE PHOTOGRAPHER and do not wish them to appear here, please contact us info(@)egotastic.com and they will be promptly removed. If you are a representative of the photographer, provide signed documentation in your query that you are acting on that individual's legal copyright holder status.



>