elliot-wolf - June 3, 2018
Originally it was assumed that Robert De Niro banned Trump from eating at his Nobu restaurant chain. But a rep for Robert has clarified that De Niro said Trump is allowed to eat really expensive sushi at Nobu, he just wouldn’t be eating next to Robert because he would walk out.
Robert De Niro did not ban President Donald Trump from his Nobu restaurants, the actor's rep on Thursday clarified to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Daily Mail reported that at the Nobu Hotel Marbella launch last week, De Niro said of Trump, “I don't care what he likes. If he walked into a restaurant I was in, I'd walk out.”
Imagine being so full of yourself that you find it impossible to finish a $600 dish just because someone you didn’t care for as a person walked in the building. We live in America where a good portion of people eat inside the dining areas of their local fast food joint. If trailer park Suzy can keep her composer inside of a McDonalds when spouse stealing skank Sarah comes in to order food from the dollar menu, you should be able to do the same. Especially when you’re an individual thats more advanced intellectually and financially.
Japanese chef Nobuyuki "Nobu" Matsuhisa said, “It's my dream for Trump to sit next to Bob. To make them sushi!" (De Niro and Nobu are both co-owners and co-founders of the Nobu restaurants.)
Looks like that could still happen, because when THR reached out to De Niro's rep for comment, he said, "Bob has not banned anyone from dining at Nobu." Regarding the Daily Mail's story, which has been picked up by dozens of media outlets worldwide, he added, "I know what they wrote. No one is banned."
It’s safe to assume Trump will probably eat at a Waffle House before Nobu now after learning about this news. Robert just saved Donald so much money that he should probably write De Niro a thank you note a la Twitter.
Photo Credit: Backgrid USA
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.