chris-littlechild - July 28, 2015
Mortal Kombat X is, undoubtedly, the game that keeps on giving. Since its April release, it's been bringing players a steady stream of new content. Mostly of the shit-your-pants-gory variety, natch. Lots of it of the premium DLC variety, also natch.
Now, I'm no fancy-ass critic, but I know what I like. And what I really, really like is seeing a badass cowboy/ninja dude brawling with the Predator. It's a pretty niche desire, admittedly, but I can't help that. The heart wants what it wants. And it's an itch only Mortal Kombat X(‘s post-release content) can scratch.
Oftentimes with the big games, the initial burst of pre-release hypetacular quickly wears off, and no-one's assed any more. Call it Destiny-itis, if you will. The latest Mortal Kombat is keeping the hype train rolling by continuing to drop new characters, fatalities and brutalities on our eager faces, keeping the experience as fresh as the blood, tendons and scrotes being spilt all over the game's arenas.
It's a winning formula, and one that adds up to the bestselling game of 2015 thus far. Fortune have published the top ten sellers, and there are a couple surprises. The Kombatants --or anyone else for that matter-- beating out Grand Theft Auto V, for one. Here are the standings:
1. Mortal Kombat X (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
3. Battlefield Hardline (Publisher: Electronic Arts)
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Publisher: Activision)
5. Minecraft (Publisher: Microsoft)
6. Batman: Arkham Knight (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
7. Dying Light (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
8. NBA 2K15 (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Publisher: CD Projekt Red)
10. Super Smash Bros. (Publisher: Nintendo)
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.