bill-swift - February 2, 2016
Now, wait a minute. Hold the effing phone. Are you telling me that there's going to be some pretty darn goretastic violence in the upcoming Friday the 13th: The Game? That, I did not expect. News-freaking-flash.
Of course there is. That'd be like coming into Mortal Kombat and not expecting to see an immortal reptile-man warrior eating someone's eyeballs, while waving their blood-bleeding severed gonads around on a stick. But horror fans do demand this stuff, after all, and a little reassurance is always nice.
At the recent PAX East show, Friday the 13th: the Game gave us a couple suckles at its info-teats. First up, we got our first ogle at the 3D model for Jason Vorrhees himself:
At a PAX panel, the developers also shed some light on the ghastly-ass antics their Jason's going to get up to. 'There's a lot of brutal kills,' the game's co-creator and designer Ronnie Hobbs said. 'If we get away with half of this stuff it'll be a miracle.'
Said â€˜stuff,' as GameSpot reports, includes:
- Jason slits your throat and drowns you in a toilet
- Jason rips the top of your skull off
- Jason folds you in half in a beach chair
- Jason rips off your leg and walks away with it
- Jason curbstomps your spine
- Jason smashes you against a tree in your sleeping bag a la Friday the 13th Part VII
- Jason crushes your head in a TBA metal object
Pretty. That last one's my personal favorite. TBA metal object, you say? Sold. Nobody's expecting much from the game so far, but it seems to know its source material at least.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.