Note the lack of enthusiasm in our headline.
It seems like the tide has turned and Samsung is getting the attention that Apple used to when it came to the latter’s iPhone launches. Many have dubbed Samsung’s Galaxy smartphone series as the iPhone killer, but is this really the phone that Apple haters have been waiting for?
Initial reviews from those who got to play around with the S4 at Samsung’s event yesterday point to ‘no.’ It’s because a host of different things that got people disappointed with the phone, but the main complaint was that it was just too much like the S3. Not that we have anything against Samsung. But if you’re facing really tough competition in the market (especially from the likes of HTC–have you seen the HTC One X?), then we’d expect them to up their game by at least a ton.
No official release dates or pricing information have been released (surprisingly!) but we’ve listed down the stats you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S4:
- The S4 will run on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2., which is the OS’s latest build.
- It has a 5-inch 1920 x 1080 Super AMOLED 441ppi display.
- The phone weighs almost the same with the S3 at around 130g.
- The S4 has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel shooter facing the front.
- It has 2GB of system memory with extra storage available in 16, 32 and 64GB capacities.
- There’s a microSD slot to add up to 64GB of storage. More space for your favorite nekkid pictures!
- It’ll come in versions that support 3G and 4G LTE.