Facebook may have already acquired Instagram in an impressive $1 billion deal, but that doesn't mean they aren't pushing forward with their own brand of imaging software app projects.
Following the release of Facebook Pages Manager, the social network announced the availability of Facebook Camera, which is a standalone camera app that's only available for iOS devices as of the moment. In true Instagram-like fashion, Android and Windows phone versions of the app will be made available in the coming months.
Facebook Camera is an app that allows users to quickly and easily shoo, edit, and upload photos by batches to Facebook. It comes with fourteen filters that users can apply to their pictures to enhance or play down certain effects in the shots. Aside from that, the app also comes with basic crop and image straightening features.
Here's a quick run-through of Facebook Camera's other features:
- Post multiple photos from your camera roll at a time
- Crop and apply filters to give your photos a new look
- Scroll down a single feed of all your friends’ photos
- Tag your friends, add photo captions and say where you are
- See photos from the different apps your friends use
Interested? Head on over to Apple's App Store to get it for your own iPhone or iPad.