Good news straight from the horses mouth today. The guys over at WB Games have officially unveiled the newest DLC pack for their MMO 'DC Universe Online'.
The expansion titled, 'The Last Laugh' will focus heavily on PVP but also has a nice extra surprise for one and all...a new weapon to use for any character.
Chaos reigns, and battles between Heroes and Villains rage across Gotham City and Metropolis. Nowhere is safe.
The brief, yet perfectly suitable description really is all you need to hear. DCU is bringing the struggle of good vs. evil home...and by home, I mean the only places you thought your virtual warrior was safe.
The Last Laugh will feature:
- The Shield – Players can unleash this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safe House Battles – No one is safe now that heroes and villains can invade each other's Safe Houses in these four on four battles.
- Graviton Technology Recovery – Players will be tasked with retrieving cutting-edge technology from the hero and villain safe houses. It's a mad dash to grab the most gravitron singularity capsules!
- The Rescue – Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal – Stockpiles of explosives have been remotely armed by a mischievous third party. Players must gain control of the Bomb Squad's mech and either neutralize the bombs or use them for dastardly purposes!
- Headquarter Battles – In this two-part crusade, 16 players – eight heroes and eight villains – will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
While this is all good stuff, the real appeal to myself was the inclusion of a new weapon, and it's the shield of all things. When you think a shield wielding superhero, you think of Captain America and I'm a huge fan of filing my character slots with Marvel characters. Take that!
You can view some screenshots of the new expansion over HERE.
As usual, Legendary members will receive the DLC for free while Free and Premium members will be looking at being $9.99 closer to a cardboard box bed if they want to take advantage of these newest additions to the DCU Online experience when it arrives later this month.