Apple's iPad has become almost synonymous to the word 'tablet' ever since it was released in 2010. It took the world by storm and eventually came to dominate the tablet computer market. What made it so successful was the same thing that propelled the iPod Touch to popularity: the iTunes App Store.
The app store literally had apps for everything: gaming, entertainment, photo editing, and Office to open and edit documents. It also integrated Apple's popular music player software, making it the go-to device for everyone who needs a reliable tablet when they're on the go.
The iPad 2 was released a year later to an even larger fanfare. And even after just a few short months after its release, rumors about the upcoming iPad 3 began floating around the online grapevine. Now these rumors are gaining traction as the time is just about right for Apple to begin prepping for the announcement of their next-generation iPad 3.
So without any further adieu, here's the latest roundup of rumors about the iPad 3:
- Design of the iPad 3 is highly similar to that of the iPad 2.
- The iPad 3 will be slightly thicker than its predecessor.
- The iPad 3 will feature a Retina Display with a resolution of 2048 by 1536 pixels.
- Like the iPad 2, it will come in 16, 32, and 64 gigabyte models.
- The iPad 3 will be running on a quad-core A6 processor (which means it's going to be faster than ever!)
- The release date might be set around March or April of this year.
Apple has an event scheduled for March 7, so you could see several of these rumors either confirmed or debunked if they decide to unveil the third generation iPad. Stay tuned!
Article by Hazel Chua
Gigadgetry: Cool Gadgets and Tech News